Wedding Quilt

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »
So, this is my first attempt at getting photos on the blog....it's a process with multiple pics! But hey, it's time to share the fun stuff, right?

My first attempt at quilting is yet to be finished. I started my first quilt when Chris went to boot camp...a Starry Night quilt. Before I start another, I HAVE to finish that one! Once I get working on that, I'll post it in here as well!

My sister-in-law, Amy, and I got sewing machines from my parents as combined Xmas/Birthday presents. We definitely got good use out of them. Since then, my mom, Amy, and I began and completed a quilt in a crazied frenzy, finishing in about 5 weeks...start to end! Triangles were definitely a challenge, but we got it done. This was the organizing and layout phase.

We each sewed the squares together on our own machines, laid it all out, stitched it all together while taking turns, taped the fabric down on my parents' kitchen floor, pinned it all together, and sewed up a storm. Doing curved lines without an open-toe or darning presser foot...not so much fun! I felt like I was wrestling the machine and fabric. Luckily I just got a new presser foot! I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm looking forward to a hopefully much smoother time!

Back to the quilt...we finally put the final touches on it, and we were done! Yep, it was really that easy. Ok, never in my life again will I make a quilt in 5 weeks or less...I think it turned out pretty nicely for a first finished quilt by all of us!

0 comments: