Poppies and Peonies Have Popped
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 Posted In baby clothes , embroidery , family , flowers , food Edit This 2 Comments »We had one peony that opened up on Saturday morning, and now the entire bush of them have opened and flowered, leaving a wonderful spring scent in the air!
I know this is a little late in posting, but on Mother's Day weekend, the entire Johnson Family, cousins, aunt and uncle included, took Grandma Edith to the Twins game. It is one of her favorite thing to do. Here she is sporting her Hunter autographed jersey, thanks to Uncle D. A great time was had by all!
Here are the other two onesies I made for the triple baby shower at one of my schools...I really like the cupcake one...along with the previous robot/alien.
On Mother's Day, we visited Grandma Ruth and she shared with me a book on spinning. My Great Grandma did much spinning of her own on this, her pictured spinning wheel. I will probably try to figure some of this out this summer. It will probably take some time, and some figuring. I just got a bag of wool that my great-grandma Margit used to have, and the carding combs. I'm excited to try it out. It's kind of a special thing to be able to try, especially with the history of knitting in our family!
Here was our fun "Polish Horseshoes" or whatever they are called...they were a hit!
Even Grandma Ruth gave it a try!
And.....we have Rhubarb! Lots of it...I have made 2 strawberry rhubarb pies and they have been fabulous. I'm excited to say I have plenty of more rhubarb for the summer and into the fall!
I've been in the midst of some knitting, sewing and crocheting projects, but have not been finishing anything due to our huge flooring project. Chris, my brother Brian, and I worked a couple of weekends ago on our new laminate flooring. We have been finishing up the baseboards and trim...once it's done I'll post the before and after photos. I can't wait to have everything in order again!

2 comments:
Wow
Maybe I should continue.....Ha! Wow! You've been busy! I love all the pix! The flowers are beautiful and I love the little onsies. I didn't realize you had a spinning wheel in the family...that is so special!!!! Excited to see the finished floors!!!!!
Post a Comment