
So, many weeks ago, I finished the "Weekender Bag" designed by Amy Butler. I made one for my sis-in-law, and here is the one I made for myself. I love the pattern, and I love the spaciousness of it. It's great for all of my knitting stuff!

Our friends, Jeremy & Sara are expecting a new little one in a little less than a month. Their friends threw them a little baby shower, so here are some of the things I made. I decided on a colorful blanket and pattern, as they don't know if they are having a boy or a girl.

I made some matching burp cloths as well. I got the idea from a burp cloth my cousin has for her little guy. Thinking....I could totally make that. That's the one problem (if I can call it that) that I always run into. When I see creative or interesting things, I always have to figure out how I could make it. It used to be that I HAD to make something, or at least try, if I thought of an idea. Now, I'm able to say no...seeing as though I have tons of partially finished things. I have been able to limit myself on beginning new projects. Unless it is for something or someone really special, I don't begin a new thing. I've got to finish all of the other things that I've started. But, at this point in my life, there is always a new baby on the way, or Christmas gift to make. Maybe I'll make a new year's resolution next year to not start anything new until all of my partially finished projects are done. I guess it's just the multi-tasking part of me. I always have to have more than one thing going on. Maybe one day I want to work on a mindless knitting project where I just knit or purl, and don't have to follow a specific busy pattern. Or, I want to sew. Maybe another day I want to do something a little more complex, like a lace or multi-colored fair isle pattern. It really depends on my mood. Thinking in this way, it's also part of the reason I love teaching elementary art--there is just such a variety in the ages of kiddos and what they can do. At school, I'm always teaching 5 different projects. It keeps me on my toes!

Here are the parents to be!

Sara & Jeremy and their new little bundle! Congrats! We are excited to meet him or her!
2 comments:
What a great bag! I love it!
wow that is one hot mama...
Post a Comment