C Q's

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 Posted In , , , Edit This 1 Comment »



Here is the Christmas Quilt my Grandma E. and I made for my cousin TJ for Christmas. Here we all are. Grandma and I were busy with that and another for Brian.

Also, I tried making a Curly Q scarf for myself in early Jan. It was a basic scarf. I started with 100 stitches cast on and doubled the amount of stitches each row by stitching 1, increasing one each time, until I had 1600 (yes, that sounds like a crazy amount of stitches, but it works). Then I cast off. I used one skein of a moonlight mohair from my stash. I just ran out before the end of the scarf as I was binding off. The only thing I'm not sure about is my scarf is more curly-Q ish on one side than the other. I will probably try another one, but wait a bit until I finish a few more projects.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your quilting! :) Way to go!