Roros Wrap

Thursday, January 03, 2008 Edit This 2 Comments »
So, here it is! I finally finished a knitting project! I started this the Saturday before Christmas, and finished last night....just a week and a half! That's what you can do when you are not working...and not in a play! I am a Scandinavian girl at heart...and I altered the pattern a little bit. I added the Norwegian Star...or snow flakes instead of x's. I was inspired by a poncho that is on the cover of Wrap Style.Justify Full

I tried looking at some Scandinavian knitting pattern books, and ended up altering the look of the Wrap Style pattern. I found some great knitting graph paper on the internet here. Now, I think I may be able to tackle a real Scandinavian sweater someday! Which has always been my goal.


It was actually pretty easy, I knit in the round from the bottom up...and just started decreasing every once in a while once I got to the red stripe above the blue stars. I do really like how it turned out. It's the first thing other than a hat or scarf that I've made that I will actually wear! I think I'm in love with wool! I love how it holds its shape! Can't wait to try something else.

Things I would change: 1. I forgot to start with a size smaller needle on the bottom border.
2. I really wanted to have the neck button up on the side..2-3 wood-like buttons. I tried, but didn't know exactly how to do it, just wanted to get done...and ended up with a simpler neckline, which I do also like. But, if I try it again, I'll do it another way.
3. I would also start from the neck and go down from the top instead of work from bottom up.
4. I may also make it a little shorter in length so that it doesn't go past my elbows.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

That is great! I just bought Wrap Style, and I must admit, it was mostly for that awesome pattern on the cover.
Now that I've seen it on a real person (because I believe that's the ultimate test of wearability), I'm emboldened to make one for me.

Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

I love it Jen! Great job. I don't have wrap style, but I might steal Canary Sanctuary's. (Don't worry I can take her.)