Spring Showers
Friday, May 16, 2008 Edit This 3 Comments »Josh, Brian, and Jenny at Brian's college graduation. Way to go Brian!
On the Iowa State campus, I totally fell in love with these trees. They are the Eastern Redbud. I am excited to find a new kind of flowering tree with such a striking pink/purple hue. When we were in Hawaii, I fell in love with the Jacaranda tree, which was in blook. I think it just stands out so much against the green grass and leaves. I'm happy to say the Red Bud comes in a Minnesota variety. My plan is to talk to my Uncle, who is in charge of the Master Gardener's program at the U of M to figure out if it could work in our yard. Lately, I've been in the outdoor planting mood. I split hostas for the first time, and have started some new planting/landscaping.
Here's a closeup of the flowers from the trees. What's cool is the flowers seem to pop right out of the branches before the leaves even do. They remind me a little bit of lilacs, but with a new twist.
A few weeks ago, I co-hosted a baby shower for my cousin, Kari, with her sister, Corinne. They are welcoming little baby Jack in just a few weeks! We are very excited for her! I knit for Jack the Trellis sweater. I had a good time knitting this sweater, and will have to do it again someday when we have one of our own.

3 comments:
Great job on the Trellis sweater! Love the color! You made all those pj pants....WOW! Very cute! You have been a crafting crazy woman...good for you!
I love the shower stuff!! You're so creative!
What a great idea for mother's day gifts! The photo is wonderful, too :)
Post a Comment