Merry Christmas 2007!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 Posted In christmas , knitting , norwegian , quilting Edit This 2 Comments »Merry Christmas everyone! Here are a few of the Christmas presents already given, or about to be given this year. Brian got a quilt that Grandma and I have been making since October. We joked that our house was a little like a sweat shop with two of us sewing at the kitchen table...She did lots and lots of sewing! They are the colors for IA ST, as Bri has one more semester left!
I used Patons Merino Wool. I LOVE WOOL..the way it knits up, holds its shape, and works on the needles....I will probably branch out and try another brand of wool in more shades and colors, but for now, I'm happy.
These have yet to be given, but are gifts for someone....they are done using scratch art, a technique I have my 5th graders do for their own self-portraits. Its a project they absolutely love...although it is challenging, it is easier than it looks. These are the wonderful boys that I took care of this summer!

2 comments:
Lovely quilt! I love quilts and the colors on that one are fab!
I have no idea how you did those scratch pictures. They're great too.
I forgot to ask... can you email me at foxyandcrafty@yahoo.com so I can add you to the KAL page? THanks a bunch!
Post a Comment